Whoa. Not only is that bad Eridan, it is bad Jareth. Any way you look at it, Jareth is Unseelie. He is the Love Talker, the faerie knight who will possibly leave you dead in the morning. Jareth’s part in the story is to test/challenge Sara, and Sara’s job in the story is to resist/outwit him and thus survive/grow up/rescue her brother whom she accidentally asked the powerful Unseelie lord to steal. She defeats Jareth through becoming wiser and acquiring friends and allies whom she invites to stay and remain a part of her life—and this invitation definitely includes Jareth, though approaching her as the equal she truly is, is not yet something Jareth is ready for.
Eridan is not Jareth.
He’s Eustace Scrubb dammit.Nor is Feferi Sara! (Feferi never would have wished goblins on anyone. If she wanted someone gone she would do it herself.) Their morailship was marked by Eridan not listening, and Feferi not being able to share BECAUSE Eridan wasn’t listening. Eridan wanted to be in Feferi’s flushed quadrant, and therefore, neglected the quadrant he was in. This is a very difficult situation for two kids to be in. Add that to all the other stressors, and you have Eridan being himself.
Also, if anyone for real tells you that they’ll do anything for you so long as you let them run your life, back away slowly and run.
Othercat hits it out of the park.
Suddenly I am aware again that there are Labyrinth fans out there who aren’t insane junk-oglers.
Tch! I need to point out at this juncture that there’s no correlation between enjoying David Bowie in a velvet codpiece and knowing that anyone who brings the concept of obedience anywhere near the concept of love is in the nasty and dangerous headspace where people are things.
The problem isn’t sex appeal, which, frankly, I’d really like more of in western male villains, it’s self conception, and it’s this that leads a lot of people to flail around excusing the characters they’ve got the hots for. SEE: THE MADONNA/WHORE COMPLEX, if you’d like to watch boys flop around trying to redeem the bad girls they want to dip their dicks into.
A lot of people are uncomfortable with the idea that they like bad people, but they’re good people. So, they reason, everyone they like must be good! Flawed logic, but it lets them sleep at night and see nothing wrong with the fact that they’ve constructed a creepy nice-guy narrative about a kid who kills two out of the three people that can even halfway stand him, or that nearly every bad girl in a Hollywood movie either dies by her own villainy or is redeemed by the male hero.
…Rambling meta aside, who the fuck do I have to blow to see Eridan and Feferi dolled up in costumes out of Labrynth’s ballroom glamour scene
hang on a second I think that’s the final act of Hemostuck.
Yeah, I should have phrased that differently. Junk oglers who took nothing else away from the movie would be a better way to put it, I think.
Jareth is hot because he’s David Bowie, and because he’s kind of fucked up.
I think my ultimate fanart fantasy involves Jareth/Major Tom. This is me kissing any possible illusion of credibility bye-bye.
- khito reblogged this from rainbowbarnacle and added:
- ordinarytalk reblogged this from vastderp and added:
- twogami likes this
- taco-hime reblogged this from vastderp and added:
- fait-hunter likes this
- amylnightlight likes this
- rainbowsandrandomness reblogged this from carduelismelior and added:
- blooper-boy reblogged this from vastderp
- doktor-gilda likes this
- snailchimera reblogged this from vastderp and added:
- teratocybernetics reblogged this from vastderp and added:
- vyedr likes this
- welcometoinnsmouth likes this
- rainbowbarnacle reblogged this from vastderp and added:
- theamuzing reblogged this from vastderp
- vastderp reblogged this from carduelismelior and added:
- ideableeder likes this
- captainschwann likes this
- crankyasshuladancer likes this
- emberkeelty likes this
- omgrocketships likes this
- elementalsight likes this
- threehornedsoul likes this
- princeoftheuniverse likes this
- swirlingflight likes this
- elanorpam likes this
- lioncalledparsley likes this
- merryg4mz likes this
- mercurialmalcontent reblogged this from vastderp and added:
- shellebelle93 likes this
- randomnow reblogged this from vastderp
- lifelike81 likes this
- theonetruehater likes this
- biichama likes this
- quotidianpanda likes this
- wigmund reblogged this from roachpatrol and added:
- pretty-rage-machine reblogged this from roachpatrol
- unbrellissimo likes this
- dadpsiioniic likes this
- rainbowbarnacle likes this
- kastiakbc likes this
- roachpatrol reblogged this from vastderp and added:
- megaparsecs reblogged this from vastderp and added:
- candicedionysus likes this
- aetheria likes this
- othercat2 reblogged this from vastderp and added:
- gallifreyorbust reblogged this from tattooeddicks and added:
- tattooeddicks reblogged this from vastderp and added:
- roachpatrol said: It’s not like I have anything against people writing shit with one hand down their pants I generally expect to see some half-decent porn as the output. This is just… a communicable and very sticky case of the creepies.
- roachpatrol likes this